TEDxAmsterdamED Award 2017
The quest for ideas with impact on education continues! After a successful first edition with over 100 entries, the TEDxAmsterdamED Award is back!
Do you have a great idea for the innovation of learning? Do you find our system of education outdated? Are you active in an industry that might not typically be associated with education? Do you have a project or idea worth spreading, a little-known marvel with potential to make a big impact in the field of education?
If so, apply for the TEDxAmsterdamED Award 2017! Share your idea with us and you might get the chance to get the guidance and connections to take your idea to the next level.
In 2016, TEDxAmsterdamED gave innovative projects the chance to pitch their idea to the most promising changemakers in the world of education! Let’s make 2017 even better!
What is the TEDxAmsterdamED Award all about?
In the lead up to our 2017 event, we are proud to announce our second annual TEDxAmsterdamED Award. The Award is an annual competition which acts as a platform to help accelerate the potential impact of outstanding early-stage ideas. We believe ideas can change lives and ultimately the world. For this year’s award we are looking for ideas that relate to our event theme - #FromAnOutsidePerspective. This could be an opportunity for initiatives, changemakers or organisations that are inspiring education and wish to share their innovative solutions, potentially from other industries, with the world.
The TEDxAmsterdamED award will focus/focuses on:
- Giving the opportunity to pitch new and innovative ideas
- Improving and accelerating ideas by offering free support and connecting you with the TEDx community
- Gaining professional guidance from our team and partners
- And importantly, creating momentum by giving you the chance to spread the word on our TEDxAmsterdamED stage
Three ideas will get the opportunity to pitch at the main event on the 31st of May 2017 and one of them will win the TEDxAmsterdamED Award!
TEDxAmsterdamED Award Criteria:
We are searching for an idea that:
- Takes people and a creative approach to education as its starting point
- Inspires people and dares to challenge the current education system
- Potentially uses insight from other industries to improve education
- Makes a sustainable, positive change in education and/or life-long learning
- Has a significant positive impact on the lives of people and the planet
- Has a link with The Netherlands.
The deadline for submitting your idea is Saturday, 1st of April 2017. You can apply here.