TEDxAmsterdamED Side Events
By Coraline Reeder - Mar 2nd, 2016
Working in alliance with the field of education
In alliance with the Ministry for Education, various schools and teachers organisations, TEDxAmsterdamED would like to invite you to join our Event on the 20th of April!
TEDx events are famous for providing a stage for 'ideas worth spreading'. To help spread the ideas presented at the TEDxAmsterdamED Event this year, together with the Ministry for Education, we have set the following goal:
In the next five years, we want to inspire 50 schools to organise their own TEDxAmsterdamED Side Event.
Together, we believe that 'learning' in all forms is the answer to the ever-changing world we live in and the uncertain future we are facing. It is our goal to design this future together. Within this mission, the Dutch education system has a chance to play a leading role. By organising a Side Event on the 20th of April, you can join this exciting movement!
This year's theme is BORN TO LEARN and the event taking place in Theater Amsterdam has the following program:
1. Morning program with several TEDxED talks (live stream)
2. Afternoon program that takes participants on an interactive journey through 'Life Long Learning' (not streamed live)
3. Late afternoon session with several TEDxED talks and the presentation of the TEDxED Award 2016 (live stream)
Various ways to participate
There are various ways your organisation can join the event:
1. light version: you follow the live stream of TEDxED with your team/school/organisation and facilitate a (short) dialogue about the Talks you have seen.
2. medium version: you follow the live stream of TEDxED with your team/school/organisation and plan your own interactive afternoon program with speakers, workshops, etc. You can use this event to address issues specific to your organisation and create new ideas to tackle them.
3. extended version: you follow the live stream of TEDxED with your team/school/organisation and plan your own interactive afternoon program with speakers, workshops, etc. Additionally you plan a monthly or quarterly meeting based on a short Talk.
4. You can also buy a ticket (€ 75 via our website from mid March) to attend the event in Theater Amsterdam on the 20th of April. Ticket sales are limited so make sure you do not miss out!
5. Sign up for the newsletter via our website.
Of course a mix of these options is also possible, please contact Rose Hazebroek for more information (email@example.com or +31 71 523 7445).
In cooperation with the Ministry for Education we are developing a toolkit for schools that want to organise their own side event. This toolkit gives hints and tips to make everyone feel "Hey, we have participated in a mind blowing day! We feel challenged and like to see/do more!!"
Of course it is up to each school how to organise their event; with students, teachers, local partners, etc. Either way, you can look forward to an exciting event!